cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Hub3 and V6 box

baked
Joining in

Hi, I have and existing VM setup which I've used for many years.

I have a V6 box and TV in the lounge and a Hub3 in the kitchen. Everything works ok.
I would like to move the V6 box and TV into the kitchen and put the Hub3 into the living room.
The kitchen will be much warmer this winter ;0)

Can I just disconnect the coax cables to the V6 and hub3 and simply switch them over or is it more complicated than that?

Regard
Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Alan,

That shouldn't cause any problems at all as you seem to have 2 working coax points.

Just make sure that you tighten all the connections fully, especially the white coaxial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They should work - just try it and see. Can always just put them back 🙂

There "could" be issues if the length of the co-ax cable to the two is significantly different - but tht's unlikely

If there is an "attenuator" (small silver box) on the Hub connection - make sure it stays on the Hub connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Alan,

That shouldn't cause any problems at all as you seem to have 2 working coax points.

Just make sure that you tighten all the connections fully, especially the white coaxial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali