Menu
Highlighted
paintguy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Swapping location of hub3 & V6

Hi all, new here but a Virgin customer since before they were Virgin!

I currently have a Hub 3 and a V6 box living in different rooms, talking to each other via wifi.

Due to a move around at home I'd like to swap their positions, i.e. put the V6 where the hub is now, and vice versa. Is this as simple as it appears to be, just unplug each of them (with respective adapter cables) and swap them over?

To be honest I would rather just move theV6 to the same room as the hub but hear there can be issues with extending the coax cables DIY, so thought swapping them around might be more straightforward.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Swapping location of hub3 & V6

swapping should work. If not jut swap back

paintguy
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Couldn't think of any reason why it shouldn't but wanted to check.

Re-configuring my home network and maybe moving switches and patch panel will probably be less easy!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The V6 is best is the same room as the hub as you can connect them with Ethernet cable and the coax cable to the hub needs splitting for the V6. There will then be an unnecessary split for the current V6 and hub, best to get a technician in to clean it up and check the signal levels.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM will move the connections to be next to each other if you want that. It would be for the standard £99 no-fault call out charge.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
paintguy
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm a long term existing customer so they are already ripping me off compared to newcomers. The last thing I want to do is give them another £99, but thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos