cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap to Quickstart Kit after Booking Installation?

angryghost
Tuning in

I ordered my Virgin Media broadband last night for my new flat and booked for an engineer to come and install it because we didn't know if we could use the Quickstart Kit (I understand now that I think I just didn't get that VM itself could tell me that). Anyway, I found out this morning that the previous tenants for this flat I'm moving into did use Virgin Media and didn't need a cable installed and I'm now wishing I'd ordered the Quickstart Kit instead? 

I can't call on the phone today and wanted to get this issue remedied asap so was trying to use the chat service but I've also learnt that the Virgin Media Live Chat is insufferable and you don't get anywhere with it. 

Can anyone help? I want to sub out my engineer installation for a quickstart kit! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might be better off with the technician visit.  He will run any cables you need to wherever you need them for no extra costs.  Also will balance the power levels, and if the cable is disconnected at the street cabinet, he can sort this out.  

Just because a cable is in the flat, does not mean it is live and working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might be better off with the technician visit.  He will run any cables you need to wherever you need them for no extra costs.  Also will balance the power levels, and if the cable is disconnected at the street cabinet, he can sort this out.  

Just because a cable is in the flat, does not mean it is live and working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Adduxi!

I hadn't thought of the issues that may still arise even if the last tenants did use Virgin Media. You're right, I'll keep my appointment and know that a professional will be setting it up and dealing with any obstacles.