cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub2ac return or recycle

Watt88
Joining in

Hello,

A recent upgrade has left me with old Superhub2ac no longer in use. New kit box directed us to virgin website to check if we returned or recycled old kit. Superhub2ac was not shown as needing to be returned (Only super hub 3 or4). Directed to recycle the old router. However, today received email telling us we were overdue in sending old kit back! No returns sticker included with new kit. Don’t what to do now as don’t want to get charged for not returning Superhub2ac. 
Can anyone please shed light on what to do? Calling Virgin customer services was less than helpful!

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Watt88.

It looks like the web page hasn't been updated as according to Forum Staff on the following post it needs returning items to return SH2ac 

You can request a returns pack <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Recycle at the council refuse centre, no longer required.

At Virgin Media we do our best to repair and reuse as much old kit as we possibly can. 

That's a joy to hear.

I wonder if it will be new or existing customers who excitedly unwrap the box of a VM hub they've been sent, to discover a six-seven year old techno-antique of a model that for the past five years or so has been actively slated for replacement in response to long running over-utilisation issues caused by the limited number of downstream channels the SH2 uses.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Watt88,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Sorry for the mixed messages regarding your old equipment.

Just to confirm, have you managed to request a returns pack since your post last week / did you already recycle your old kit?

Let me know if you're still needing further assistance - thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly,

Yes, I have managed to request a returns pack in order to get the return label. We already have the box that the new router arrived in but without a returns label for the old kit leading us to think you didn’t want it back.
Thankfully haven’t had a chance to get anyone to go to the recycling centre for me yet due to shielding so still have the old SuperHub2ac here.

Does that mean we definitely DO have to return the old router to you? So many different messages being given out by website and customer service reps on the phone too. Very confusing when it really does not need to be. We were told on the phone at the weekend that we did not need to return the router to you and that we could safely ignore the email & text requests to send it back. Some suggestion in forum posts that the SuperHub2ac has actually been added to the returns list which further complicates things.

I will send the old router back once the returns pack arrives but I really do not want to be charged for not returning kit when it is so confusing. Had it been clearer we would of course have returned the router immediately. Is there anyway you can guarantee that we will not be charged?

Hi Watt88,

We only very recently started asking customers to return the Hub 2acs back to us if they had one included in their kit, so I do apologise if certain parts of our site do not state that we now need these hubs returned to us. I have fed this back so it can be looked into. However I can 100% confirm that we do require these hub models returned back to us and you will not be charged if you have returned all the request equipment back to us. If for whatever reason you come across any problems from here please do let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist further.

Kindest regards,

Beth

Beth

Just to add to this discussion, I also have an SH2ac in mint condition which I last used in 2017 whilst doing speed trials for the then Gamer service. (200/20Mb)
If this is needed please send an address label.

Hi BrianY,

Thanks for letting us know.

We would only request them back if you decide to cancel your services, however if you are looking to get rid of the hub as it's no longer in use, feel free to return it back to us :). You can request a pre paid returns pack here.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

The boss (my wife) is wanting me to tidy my computer spares equipment, SH2ac as I said is just taking up space whilst I use the hub3.