cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5: Connected Device 0 / Connect App does work with SH 5 / Pods

sinima
On our wavelength

I've had the superhub 5 upgrade, All is good speeds a better, BUT a) the connect app apparently doesn't work with the 5 according to CS, so how the 'Fastest Wifi Guarantee in Every Room or Mony Back' can apply I dont know !!!!!!!! b) when i login directly to the router strangely it tells me Connected Devices 0, currently I have at least 4, 2 phones (that show the wifi 6 symbol) and my work laptop wifi as well as TV hard wired, I find this a little od c) apparently I have the advanced hub, so dont need pods which were part of the order/upgrade 

Hmmmmmmmm !!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sinima wrote:

Okay so having rebooted the hub, 'again' the list of connected clients now shows, 

So satill intersted in:

a) the connect app apparently doesn't work with the 5 according to CS, so how the 'Fastest Wifi Guarantee in Every Room or Mony Back' can apply I dont know !!!!!!!!

The Connect app  does work with the hub 5 however you might need to uninstall  and reinstall the app, or clear the app storage and cache as it's probably still got the details for older hub 3

c) apparently I have the advanced hub, so dont need pods which were part of the order/upgrade 

I've realised since also that my landline that was plugged into the Superhub3 is now not working plugged into the Hub 5,  !!!!!!! fgs, very frustrating all this 

Did you use the phone adapter that VM provided with the hub 5 ( or the one that you had plugged into the hub3) and plug it in to the top grey port, Port 1, on the back of the Hub.?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

sinima
On our wavelength

Okay so having rebooted the hub, 'again' the list of connected clients now shows, 

So satill intersted in:

a) the connect app apparently doesn't work with the 5 according to CS, so how the 'Fastest Wifi Guarantee in Every Room or Mony Back' can apply I dont know !!!!!!!!

c) apparently I have the advanced hub, so dont need pods which were part of the order/upgrade 

I've realised since also that my landline that was plugged into the Superhub3 is now not working plugged into the Hub 5,  !!!!!!! fgs, very frustrating all this 

sinima
On our wavelength

Just been through WhatsApp bot and eventually, i'm told cant help with landline issues on messaging platform, and that I need to call, - The line does ring out lol 

sinima
On our wavelength

Typo in above comment 

Just been through WhatsApp bot and eventually, i'm told cant help with landline issues on messaging platform, and that I need to call, - The line doesn't ring out lol ( If however I call it from my mobile it rings in the mobile earpiece)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sinima wrote:

So satill intersted in:

The Connect app  does work with the hub 5 however you might need to uninstall  and reinstall the app, or clear the app storage and cache as it's probably still got the details for older hub 3

Did you use the phone adapter that VM provided with the hub 5 ( or the one that you had plugged into the hub3) and plug it in to the top grey port, Port 1, on the back of the Hub.?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

sinima
On our wavelength

Hey Dave, 

Thankyou very much, all seems to be okay now, strange thing is I did uninstall and reinstall, even tried it on my sons phone where the app had 'never' been !!!, but the app is currently working this morning, 

The phone, landline again I did check both ports initially, but this morning moved it to the top grey port and I have a dialling tone.

Thanks again 

Simon

Hey sinima, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you were having some connection issues.

However I am happy to hear this issues has now been resolved, please do feel free to reach out if you ever need anything in the future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?