Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
When using 'samknows.com/realspeed' the 5 results are:

1 392 - 76
2 421 - 78
3 693 - 78
4 429 - 76
5 400 - 79

Have had an engineer visit who states nothing wrong with connection from hub to virgin. It must be the equipment I am using thats at fault. Told him have top end hp i5 notebook etc.

Can someone explain this correct or is their a problem with the Hub of Laptop

33 REPLIES 33

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @denburydays,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your speeds.

I was able to locate your account and run some checks. I can see that your upstream power levels are not looking so great and are out of spec. This could be impacting your speeds and connection. However, as we're unable to resolve this issue remotely, I can arrange for a technician to visit you and look into this issue further.

Please let us know what you think. In the meantime, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before I can have the appointment arranged. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks - Reply to PM sent 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @denburydays,

Thank you for getting back to me via Private Message with your details. 

I have been able to book in your appointment for the first available time slot, which we confirmed over PM. Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help afterwards.

You can always manage your appointment via your online account if needed.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Had visit from pleasant engineer - states all appears to be fine (same as 2 previous visits) - will get a call this pm from a Manager at virgin to discuss the next step.

Thank you for the update @denburydays.

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Windows 10 Home
Wifi - 802.11ax (Wifi 6)
SuperHub 4 - Modem Mode
ASUS RT-AX860U - WiFi 6 Router

Windows WiFi Properties: 'Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 1201/1081 Mbps.
ASUS Router Speed Test: 926.23 Download 52.8e Upload
Ookla Speed Test - 368.04 Download 52.11 Upload.

Why is ookla download speed so different ?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @denburydays

Speedtest is measuring your real-time network connection, so tests taken within a few minutes of each other might vary a little based on network congestion and available bandwidth.

How far apart in time were the previous speed tests you did from the Ookla one?

Kind regards,

Serena

Done straight after each other (minute)

Have you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor?  It'll need the IP address checking and changing if you swap the hub between modem and router mode.

Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see if that indicates anything amiss.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

Hi denburydays, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As mentioned by Serena above, when taking tests so close together it can alter the results. They would also vary as the Sam Knows test is testing the connection directly to the hub where as the Ookla speedtest will test from your internet connection which includes your router. 

Can you try removing your router and connecting your device directly to the Hub 4 instead? Once you have connected it, you will need to reboot your hub to allow the connection. Just perform the one test and post a screenshot of your results here so we can help further. 

The BQM graph link would be handy too as this will allow us to see any latency on the line. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team