Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
When using 'samknows.com/realspeed' the 5 results are:

1 392 - 76
2 421 - 78
3 693 - 78
4 429 - 76
5 400 - 79

Have had an engineer visit who states nothing wrong with connection from hub to virgin. It must be the equipment I am using thats at fault. Told him have top end hp i5 notebook etc.

Can someone explain this correct or is their a problem with the Hub of Laptop

33 REPLIES 33

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Run the speedtest this way - should measure it accurately

Connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a NEW and working Cat5e/6a ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode” (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode ).
This ensures that NO other devices are connected

Test speeds at https://speedtest.samknows.com/ - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot you device into windows safe+networking mode - to disable any potentially interfering software - and try again.

There are many posts on here (I have a list of ~30!) where QoS software, unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers, bad cables or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply and help.  Have done as above (I have even Factory Reset the Superhub 4) - samknow.com/realspeed results show 863 - 92.  ookla shows ping 24  download 447 upload 52

log into hub3/4 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

and confirm your speedtests are wired

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I can confirm 'wired' and in 'router mode'.  

Have up and down stream info in html and pdf but can't seem to post in reply

just cut and paste the levels - if you get an error ignore it and click the post button again

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Have tried a few times to upload html files but stating not allowed over20,000 characters

Hub 4 - DOWNSTREAM_1.jpgHub 4 - DOWNSTREAM_2.jpgHub 4 - DOWNSTREAM_3.jpgHub 4 - DOWNSTREAM_4.jpgHub 4 - UPSTREAM_1.jpg

load the info on the hub on a browser select each page - copy it and paste it here - may need more than one post but it works

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Have managed  by uploading jpg's