cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

ritchf
On our wavelength

Hi Seph

I have just been upgraded and have lost connectivity to all my devices.

I can see the option in DHCP tom change the scope from 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.1.10 but when I do it comes up with invalid IP Address.

Have you found somewhere else that can change the IP Address of the router itself?

TIA

Ritch

In response to Sephiroth post reproduced below (sorry, can't seem to find how to reference posts in this group).

This would indeed seem to be the case, with the router/gateway IP defaulting in non-configurable fashion to 192.168.x.1.

But it seems they have excluded 192.168.1.x from eligible subnets - trying to change the DHCP settings to that results in an Invalid IP address error.  As this was the subnet that the SH2ac was on it seems that it's the one subnet that most people want!!!  It's certainly the subnet that all my static IP devices around the home are on.

Haven't tried to see if Eddy29's method can still work around, but I suspect the issue is that Virgin have excluded 192.168.1.x from permissible subnets, and that's what's causing all the later posters problems.

A poster above commented that this seemed to be the subnet that Virgin had allocated to the Guest network?

ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS

Re: Superhub 3 internal network address
On firmware 9.1.116.608, you can change the IP address range. I've tried it.

If, for example, you set the range to start at 192.168.2.10, (the first 10 are reserved for Guest WiFi etc), then to log into the GUI you would use 192.168.2.1 (not 192.168.0.1).

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@ritchf wrote:

Hi Seph

I have just been upgraded and have lost connectivity to all my devices.

I can see the option in DHCP tom change the scope from 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.1.10 but when I do it comes up with invalid IP Address.

Have you found somewhere else that can change the IP Address of the router itself?

TIA

Ritch

I used 192.168.2.10  maybe that'll work for you.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I can't believe this is still an issue. Hey Virgin when are you going to fix this 2 year old issue?

Which part of the issue?  Hub 3 firmware 9.1.116.608 allows you to change the DHCP range. 

Hello,

Could you please tell me how you did this as I really need to sort this out on my router asap for work?

Regards

JD

@jod773748 wrote:

Hello,

Could you please tell me how you did this as I really need to sort this out on my router asap for work?

Regards

JD

65989659-E513-4FE8-87CC-EADF09CFFD96.png

Ensure you’re on 608 firmware and you also Click on “Apply Changes” after modifying the subnet box...   

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Hello Tony,

Thank you ever so much for your help with this, I am not very competent in this what is and how can I make sure I'm on 608 firmware.

And what do I change in this screen? is it the numbers or the tickboxes?

Regards JD 

Look at the difference between your screen and Horsey's screen and that's what you change.

If you have that screen, you're on 608 firmware.

That's brilliant,

Thank you. I will change a few numbers and then I will be on the right 608 firmware. Is it possible to then change the IP address on my Super hub 3?

Regards

JD