cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

I used the 192.168.1.x range for the second router.

Eddy,

Many thanks for this brilliant post.  It enabled me to get part of my network (192.168.19.0/24) working until I eventually figured out why my VPN router couldn't connect in modem mode (it had a node name set on the WAN port and the Hub 3 doesn't ignore it as the Hub 2 did).

Best regards,

Jolyon

dazlerd
Joining in

Hi

Received my HUB3 yesterday.  Impressed with the speeds.  Less than impressed with the router !!  My network appliances are set to use 92.168.30.x and im trying hard not to have to mess with them.

Initially i was only trying to change to 192.168.30.x through the front end.  Tried to update using the url commands on the first page.  That just left my router inaccessible so i had to reset.

Further reading seemed to suggest my router has the right firmware to update the subnet.  The front end has a spaces for the 2 rightmost octlets >?>

So i tried 192.168.2.1.  That worked.  so did

But anything in the 30's fails.  Any idea why?

Cheers

When you did this attempt, were your .30.x devices disconnected from the hub?
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Engineer1
On our wavelength

I feel your pain. The hub is a terrible pos.

Whilst it's incredibly annoying, I would recommend putting in a proper router, and setting the SH3 to Modem Mode.

I tried to avoid having to do that for longer than I should have. The SH3 isn't worth the battle! 

Quite.  I should have recommended Modem Mode - which I've always used.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I ended up getting a proper wireless router in the end too. For a while you could trick the 'Super' [sic] Hub firmware into working properly and allowing the network base IP address to be configured, but that tweak seemed to get broken in later firmware updates. Annoying though it is, just accept that it's a pile of crap and get a proper router and use the Virgin kit as a modem.

Andre

colinmcgerty
Joining in

Just an fyi. My Superhub 3 was delivered today. It is hardware version 10 and software version 9.1.1811.401. I disabled WiFi and DHCP because my mesh WiFi and home server handle those anyway. Then I applied just the IP address and end session commands from the post on page 2 of this (mega long-running) thread and it worked perfectly for me, even though the IP address I applied is in the 10.50.x.x range, which did seem like a longshot to be honest.

So the workaround is still valid. Many thanks to @Eddy29 

Just signed up and been connected...

I tried setting the hub3 router (hardware version 11, software 9.1.1912.302)  to 192.168.1.254 via those commands and the dhcp range to 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.240 (to match my old ISP router)

The IP address change worked fine, but the DHCP address change did not apply - which is obviously no good!.
I was able to get onto the router's web UI page on the new IP after manually setting my IP settings then. Interestingly the web UI would appear to accept the previously unconfigurable 192.168.1 range then - but it would never actually apply.

I decided to just factory reset it for now so I can have the DHCP server work - even if its not the range I want it.

Maybe if we could work out how to change the IP range thats been reserved for the guest network we'd be able to use it for the main network instead? Oh well. I'll probably just have to reconfigure the few devices I've got on fixed IPs. The wifi will get disabled  on the hub3 anyway as i have some BT whole-home discs to use instead (but those dont work as a router - so I still need the hub3 to do that, or I guess buy another one and use the hub3 in modem mode...)

Engineer1
On our wavelength

Hi,

I would strongly recommend cutting to the chase. SuperHub by name SH.. by nature.

Modem mode and another, proper, router will save you hours and hours of frustration.

Good luck.