cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

Please send me details of changing the superhub 3 to a range 192.168.1.x

Thanks

Grahame

Just log into the Hub 3 and navigate to the Advanced Settings/ DHCP page. There you can change it.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@hambo1946 wrote:

You can't have that range.

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

@hambo1946 wrote:

You can't have that range.

Yes - of course. Legacy is right.  That's one of the reserved ranges (by VM) for guest networks.  Sorry I forgot to mention that.

so how do you do this how do you change the subnet mask?
Robin

How do you do what? Why have you mentioned the "subnet mask"?

@mooseman999 wrote:
so how do you do this how do you change the subnet mask?
Robin

Like VM want to support 253 LAN IP's let alone that for you to change the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 for the LAN.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nope
On our wavelength

Is it necessary that the second router necessary to use 192.168.1.* range (e.g. the suggested TP-Link Archer C7) be a cable router? Unless I've misunderstood, the only thing involved will be Ethernet, since the second router would be connecting to the VM Hub.

Not necessarily a 'cable router' but it would need to have an Ethernet WAN port, which effectively rules out most of the standard xDSL modem/routers.

Nope
On our wavelength

Ah, yeah, just looked at my "collection" of routers and you're right. It so happens that the one I had in mind *does* have an ethernet WAN port, so I'm using that 🙂