cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

Unless he's a crooked law enforcement or security services person, it's extremely improbable that he can get your home address from your IP.

If you're very keen, you may be able to force yours to change by leaving the hub switched off for 24 hours.

Virgin may even issue you a new one if you ask them.

Having said all that - you're in the wrong thread.

Stephen.

@horseman,

Ok. I geddit. Borderline semantics. I 'assumed' (always dangerous) that the 'op' of this subtopic wanted to set a specific WAN IP, not just have any old IP, as long as it's different...

Stephen.

@Engineer1 wrote:

You can't change the public (WAN) IP address. This is issued to you by your ISP (in this case, Virgin).

It's an odd thing to want to change. Why do you need to?

Stephen.

With router mode doing NAT you have a LAN side and a WAN side its the LAN that is being commented on with you saying “It's an odd thing to want to change. Why do you need to?” the WAN side in router mode can't be changed but in modem mode VM give you a new WAN IP but you have no control what IP you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Engineer1
On our wavelength

With router mode doing NAT you have a LAN side and a WAN side its the LAN that is being commented on with you saying “It's an odd thing to want to change. Why do you need to?” the WAN side in router mode can't be changed but in modem mode VM give you a new WAN IP but you have no control what IP you get.

The person asking this question wasn't enquiring about LAN IPs. I was commenting on the need for a new WAN IP. 

Stephen.

Thank you Stephen, 

I realise now that I was in the wrong thread but thank you for your advice anyway. Ive learned a lot about LAN and WAN.

I really appreciate your advice.

JD

It does? So I can use 10.1.1.x as my internal network? When did this change? As they offer me one a month ago and you couldn't do it?

So I can change it to 192.168.x.x. I can't change it to 10.1.x.x 😞

One step forwards..2 back. 😞

@analysisbroken wrote:

So I can change it to 192.168.x.x. I can't change it to 10.1.x.x 😞

One step forwards..2 back. 😞

They just don’t understand what people need when moving from an old setup. 

I wish I was runner ng that part of VM. I would prioritise customer service if that also fell within the remit. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I can understand them simplifying the setup. But just leave an advanced setup, that we can access and change.

@analysisbroken wrote:

I can understand them simplifying the setup. But just leave an advanced setup, that we can access and change.

Or how about getting your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------