cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Engineer1 wrote:

<snip> I neither want, nor need, a landline. I don't have, or want, any of their TV packages. Therefore I'm paying over £60 a month for broadband. That's too much. Time to leave, I think. 

Thanks.

Stephen. 

Yes, I was the same and I dropped TV and Phone.  Just have the BB now.

I'm fairly fortunate to live in an area that's not over utilised so the BB element has always been good.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good router that doesn't cost the earth so I can get set up and have it in router mode?

Regards

JD 

The TP-Link Archer C7 seems to be a popular choice for around £70.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hello horseman,

after making these changes the internet did not work and i had to do a factory reset.

I am trying to change my public IP address on this router, I get the impression that this is not possible? other than buying another router such as the TP-Link Archer C7 and then changing the modem mode. Am I correct?

JD

You can't change the public (WAN) IP address. This is issued to you by your ISP (in this case, Virgin).

It's an odd thing to want to change. Why do you need to?

Stephen.

Or do you mean that you want to change the LAN IP of the hub (also known as the gateway)?

What is the IP you're trying to set? (leave off the last two octets - we just need the first and second number to determine whether it's a public or private IP).

Also, it doesn't matter what router you buy - it won't let you change the public IP. It's analogous to wanting to buy a new landline phone because you want to change your phone number). 

@Engineer1 wrote:

You can't change the public (WAN) IP address. This is issued to you by your ISP (in this case, Virgin).

It's an odd thing to want to change. Why do you need to?

Stephen.

Keep going (albeit your first sentence is incorrect/incomplete but I’m sure you’ll clarify shortly....).....  

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Hi @Horseman,

I'm at a loss - is it possible for a customer to set their choice of WAN IP?

Thanks.

Stephen.

@jod773748 wrote:

hello horseman,

after making these changes the internet did not work and i had to do a factory reset.

I am trying to change my public IP address on this router, I get the impression that this is not possible? other than buying another router such as the TP-Link Archer C7 and then changing the modem mode. Am I correct?

JD

Given that the title of this thread is "Superhub 3 internal network address" the replies you've received are no surprise.

What you have said above in relation to the Public IP address is correct.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

First number 86 last number 161

Looking to change it because I've had an ex boss saying he's going to pay me a visit as he knows my IP address and can track me down by this from emails I've sent him. 

It's a long story but let's just say we've Patten on what only can be described as not good terms. And he's refusing to pay me for work done.

So an easy solution I thought was to change my public IP address. 

Jd

So, buy a router; go to modem mode and your public IP address will change.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)