cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

Any chance of resubmitting the link please Sephiroth?

Cheers

The thought police seem to have deleted the thread. Anyway, afaik, the upcoming Hub 3 firmware release allows you to change your DHCP address. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Thanks for the quick reply, do you know this this firmware update might be available, also I tried to change my ip address settings which seems to have taken effect, however I can no longer log into my hub 3 settings, do you know how to factory reset the hub at all?

Thanks for any help

Seldomsober

Which firmware are you on?

FR is done by a pinhole at the rear of the hub. Press the pinhole button for as long as it takes for the hub front LED to glitch and go green. 

Keep us posted. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@Sephirothwrote:

The thought police seem to have deleted the thread. Anyway, afaik, the upcoming Hub 3 firmware release allows you to change your DHCP address. 

In the meantime, the instructions are still posted in this thread, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/m-p/31... and several followups a few posts later.

Andre

Hi Andre, 

Thanks for your reply, these are the instructions that I used to change the ip address, which according to ipconfig has successfully changed, however since changing the ip address I can no longer log into the hubs control panel

@Seldomsoberwrote:

Hi Andre, 

Thanks for your reply, these are the instructions that I used to change the ip address, which according to ipconfig has successfully changed, however since changing the ip address I can no longer log into the hubs control panel

You should be able to log in the hub by 192.168.100.1 even in router mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Seldomsoberwrote:

Hi Andre, 

Yes, I had the same issue (it happened after a subsequent firmware update from Virgin I seem to recall). As that meant I could make no further changes in settings later (such as new port forwarding rules) that's why I eventually gave up and bought a proper wireless router, and now just run the Not-So-Super-Hub in modem mode.

Andre

The software version is 9.1.116.603

I assume this is the firmware number