Menu
KathyW1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 free upgrade

I have had the superhub 1 for many years now and although it started great it has slowly gotten worse to the point I have to power cycle it nearly every day.

I heard virgin offer a free upgrade to superhub 3 but I can't find this option anywhere on their site?

PS. Please don't suggest I call them as that is currently not an option. Are there any other routes I can take?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 free upgrade

If you wait (sometimes a few days) then the VM forum staff should pick up your post and deal with it.  To make sure that the message isn't overlooked, don't mark any replies with "solved" or "helpful answer", as the staff may assume you're OK again.  Alternative approaches if you can't phone:

1) Try the VM "chat" service.  This might work, and might even be your quickest option, but know this has poor availability and a poor reputation, so don't expect much.  There's a big risk they will tell you there's nothing wrong at their end, and it must be a problem with your devices.

2) A written complaint to VM that their router is playing up and not of the standard required to deliver the contracted service.  This will be the slowest option, but if you can't do voice communication then it should work.  Address is in the VM complaints policy 

Whatever you do, don't pay for a replacement router - these are VM's property, and in law they are liable for ensuring they work to an acceptable standard.

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

See the link below. If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that as THEIR SH1 is faulty - you are just renting it - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The super hub 1 will likely be fine once its in modem mode then you can add your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub1 & 2 will not get you anymore than 200Mbs. If you want to upgrade in the future get a Hub3. (It’s not a SuperHub3)

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
KathyW1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to everyone for the advice. This one worked for me.

@jbrennand wrote:
See the link below. If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that as THEIR SH1 is faulty - you are just renting it - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your upgrading to the SH3 from the SH1 then your probably on a old legacy package where your also paying the old "standard" price.  I suggest you compare your package levels (and prices) to the new ones on offer.  The SH3 upgrade is a good thing for VM (ds3.1 should lower network cost once fully deployed), but your probably paying well over the odds!

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos