cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 - Ethernet not working

dalenichol
Joining in

Hello,

A few days ago I signed up to Virginmedia for broadband and got the new superhub 3.0. 

I've had the engineer round to set it up and it's now up and running, with wireless connections being fine, however direct connection via ethernet simply isn't working and my computer does not have a wireless adapter. 

I've phoned technical support and they couldn't get anything sorted, suggesting that the problem may be computer related, but I was using a competitors hub this morning via ethernet and everything was working fine. 

Technical support then tried to put me through to gadget rescue, but each time they did this, I'd be put on hold before the line would inevitably go dead, and I'm not particularly wanting to call back again.

I'm now in a bit of a predicament, as my main computer workstation, which I use for my university work, doesn't have internet access and I'm not really looking forward to having to go out and spend money on a wireless adapter which I shouldn't need, nor want. 

I've checked 3 different ethernet cables, including the one that comes with my hub, checked all 4 ports, made sure my drivers were up to date and done various resets both soft and hard. Any advice would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks,

Dale

181 REPLIES 181

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning Zoeanddan,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums

Are all four different ports on the hub not working? Can you also tell me what kind of Ethernet cable you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

markcszatmari
Joining in

Hi,

I got my QuickStart kit on Tuesday, didn’t work at all to start with. Had an engineer out today to fix it and now the WiFi is working fine but I can’t connect it to my computer with an Ethernet cable. 

how do I fix this? Already tried resetting and rebooting it, none of the ports work. 

Thanks for the response,

Do you still have any contact with the engineer? Did they leave you with a contact number?

Were the services working via Ethernet connection before the engineer left your property?

Kindest regards,

David

No I don’t have contact with him anymore and he didn’t leave me with a number.

i was having trouble with activating the kit, turned out it was due to the cables not being connected to the box in the street. Services were not working at all before.

Wifi is working perfectly now, but not via Ethernet connection. I’ve tried the cables I used before and also the one that was provided with my Hub 3.

Sorry to hear that your still having issues with the ethernet connections on your hub markcszatmari.

Please can you perform a loopback test on your hub by plugging both ends of an ethernet cable into the ports on the back of your hub and see it the green light flashes above the port.

Also you can check if there are any issues with your ports by performing another test, you can do this by following this

Open hub settings page by typing the following into your address bar 192.168.0.1

Use the settings password on the bottom of your hub as the password, this will open the welcome page.

Once in the welcome page click 'Network diagnostic tool' and this will run a test to check the status of your ethernet connection along with other connections.

Please let me know if this helps to fix your issue.

Regards

Steven_L 

Is there any resolution for these ethernet ports not working yet? Just installed my Virgin Media hub, and wifi connects fine; but has a limited range, so ran a cable through the attic to my office; on connection it seemed to work for a minute, then no connection. Plug in directly at the hub, no connection, yes I have changed and tried various cables, no connection; I have rebooted the hub, the PC as well, no connection, I need this working otherwise I might as well just send the kit back. So what is the solution?

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi LuciferSam, 

Welcome to our community forums!

Really sorry to see you've been having some problems with your Ethernet connections. 

It sounds like you've checked everything you can at your end. I will send you a private message now so we can look into getting this fixed for you, please reply when you can 🙂 

Look forward to hearing form you, 

Hetty_R

okay will lookout for the message..

Not seen a PM on this?

Hetty_R

Hi LuciferSam, 

My apologies, you should have a PM from me now 🙂 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R