cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 - Ethernet not working

dalenichol
Joining in

Hello,

A few days ago I signed up to Virginmedia for broadband and got the new superhub 3.0. 

I've had the engineer round to set it up and it's now up and running, with wireless connections being fine, however direct connection via ethernet simply isn't working and my computer does not have a wireless adapter. 

I've phoned technical support and they couldn't get anything sorted, suggesting that the problem may be computer related, but I was using a competitors hub this morning via ethernet and everything was working fine. 

Technical support then tried to put me through to gadget rescue, but each time they did this, I'd be put on hold before the line would inevitably go dead, and I'm not particularly wanting to call back again.

I'm now in a bit of a predicament, as my main computer workstation, which I use for my university work, doesn't have internet access and I'm not really looking forward to having to go out and spend money on a wireless adapter which I shouldn't need, nor want. 

I've checked 3 different ethernet cables, including the one that comes with my hub, checked all 4 ports, made sure my drivers were up to date and done various resets both soft and hard. Any advice would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks,

Dale

181 REPLIES 181

Hi - I have the exact same issue as "heavysoul" - connected ethernet devices showing as none. Mine has actually been working fine from being installed in December to now (Feb 28th) but it's just stopped working tonight.

I have rebooted the router. 
I have even reset the router (manual reset button on back).

It works on wireless but ethernet has just given up!

Did anyone find a resolution please?

Thanks

Mark

@Dunce wrote:

Hi - I have the exact same issue as "heavysoul" - connected ethernet devices showing as none. Mine has actually been working fine from being installed in December to now (Feb 28th) but it's just stopped working tonight.

I have rebooted the router. 
I have even reset the router (manual reset button on back).

It works on wireless but ethernet has just given up!

Did anyone find a resolution please?

Thanks

Mark

Hopefully someone from the Forum Team will respond soon... I'm finding it a real pain at the moment! I might try phoning to report it as a fault - but I'm not sure that will get me anywhere!! 

I have been using SH2 for year with 3 Ethernet connected laptop. Today my SH2 was upgraded to SH3 to reduce service issues.

All 3 laptops were working fine via Ethernet before upgrade now my main use, laptop no longer works via Ethernet.

It does work via Wifi which of course is slower.

Spent between 2 and 3 hours on phone with VM tech support.

We have

- changed Ethernet cables, swapped ports, rebooted many times including via safe mode.

- removed F secure (none of the other lap tops had F secure!

- checked all upgrades for Ethernet card drivers, windows updates etc...

None of the above has worked. Laptop is Sony 64 bit running Windows 10.

If someone can suggest solution would be grateful.

@BrassedOff5 wrote:

I have been using SH2 for year with 3 Ethernet connected laptop. Today my SH2 was upgraded to SH3 to reduce service issues.

All 3 laptops were working fine via Ethernet before upgrade now my main use, laptop no longer works via Ethernet.

It does work via Wifi which of course is slower.

Spent between 2 and 3 hours on phone with VM tech support.

We have

- changed Ethernet cables, swapped ports, rebooted many times including via safe mode.

- removed F secure (none of the other lap tops had F secure!

- checked all upgrades for Ethernet card drivers, windows updates etc...

None of the above has worked. Laptop is Sony 64 bit running Windows 10.

If someone can suggest solution would be grateful.

Wow... that's not good... and sounds like same problem as me. Just nothing is working when connected by ethernet cable... including TiVo, DVD player and Apple TV... all of which worked perfectly when connected by ethernet cable to my old SH2 !!

Please can Forum Team look at this for us?

Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi heavysoul, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the Modem SNR seems to be a little on the low side. So I wonder if there is something else going on with the connection. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dunce, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had similar issues. 

I am having trouble locating some of your details. 

If possible please pop the network logs up so I can investigate further :

192.168.0.1 in the browser, log in  Username is admin and the password will be changeme, unless you have changed it.

Go to Advanced settings.

Go to Network Status, copy the results back here.

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BrassedOff5,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have also had trouble with the Ethernet connection. 

I have taken a look at your connection and things seem to be ok from this side.

However I can see that you haven't had a lot of luck with this Hub so I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at it for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon.

Emma

@Emma_E wrote:

Hi heavysoul, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the Modem SNR seems to be a little on the low side. So I wonder if there is something else going on with the connection. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

All the best

Emma

Engineer called this morning and fitted a new SH3 - ethernet connections now working fine.

He wasn't aware of any known issues with some SH3's - but it might just be that I (and others) had a dud one.... 

Hello Emma,

I am having exactly the same problem as has been described by others here with the ethernet ports on my Superhub 3. Everything has been working perfectly for almost a year. Then suddenly the ethernet connections stopped working to an Xbox and our Sonos bridge. I have tried to attach the status page of my Super hub.

Bjorn.