Menu
NoResyncsPlease
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Config access

I reset my Superhub 3 (after always using it in Modem mode) to factory defaults, logged in to the language choice page, left the password at the default, then logged in (or was already, not sure).

But whenever I try to click some settings to view or change them, I get kicked back out to the login page. If I put in my password again there, it says "Remote user has already logged in, please wait..."

So I cannot change any settings which I need to do to get things running smoothly again with the Superhub3 in router mode (this is for testing purposes).

I have tried with Firefox and Chrome, I'm on latest OS X. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NoResyncsPlease
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Config access

I'm not sure what it was, but it eventually settled down. After waiting some period of minutes (15 maybe) I was able to input my password and get back in, and change the settings I needed to and was not kicked back out. Mods can delete this thread if you like.

0 Kudos
dan21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

don't delete it, i found it useful. i'm hoping that in 15 minutes time i'll be able to log in to mine

0 Kudos
steveprior
Just joined
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here. I waited the 15 minutes or thereabouts and I can now log in again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello all, 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry about this problem you've experienced. 

Let us know if it crops up again and we'll gladly investigate further. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Engineer1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is ridiculous. The Virgin Engineer has just left, after visiting to fix a line noise problem. While here he 'upgraded' me to a hub 3. He's now left, and I need to change the hub's IP to the 192.168.1.x subnet, to match the rest of my network. I can't. Or, at least, it's not straightforward.

To then be unable to log in from a desktop for 15 minutes because I logged in from my phone is incredibly irritating. I just hope that when I do manage to log in I can change the IP, set the port forwarding I need, and make the required DHCP reservations. From my brief exposure to the 'Advanced Settings' page on my phone, it doesn't look very advanced at all. The 2ac hub worked fine. I'm not sure why it was taken away...

Not impressed so far - all it's done is massively broken my network.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Wise owl
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Hub3 cannot be changed from the 192.168.0.x subnet by the settings pages. Some people have found a loophole, you will have to search this board for it. I think it is fairly long winded and some people have not been able to get it to work. The only real alternative is to buy your own router and put the Hub3 into modem mode, that’s what a lot of us on this board have done.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Engineer1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry about the delay - I returned to this issue today, after a few weeks of tolerating 80Mb/s performance on a 160Mb/s service, that I thought was due to the 10/100 port on my temporary router.

Today I installed a Netgear Nighthawk router, with the SH3 in modem mode. Now I get 90Mb/s, and about 45ms pings (speedtest.net). It transpires that this is a known issue (not with the Nighthawk, but with pretty much every router there is), and the SH3 is actually SH**. So, it can't have a different subnet, or even IP, and in modem mode it still behaves as if it's connected to a 100Mb/s Ethernet port. It seems to auto-negotiate the link speed to 100Mb/s, regardless of what's connected.

What's most galling is that I didn't even ask for a new hub. The 2ac was fine. Virgin, you've really messed me up, and wasted hours, and hours, of my time, and now the cost of a new router, that makes no difference, because your Superhub is Supercrud.

Everything I read indicates that as soon as 'third party' equipment is connected, Virgin drop hands and walk away, blaming the other gear. They seem to only consider the SH** in router mode, with LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 as the sole valid mode of operation. Anything else and you're s.o.l.

I'm off to Zen's fibre service. For a lot less money. Bye bye, Virgin.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Legend
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos