Menu
mattura
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub3 - plain text password

True, but you would find out this had happened and set it back. Also, none of your devices would be on the reset network, so the worst that the attacker could do is use your internet allowance. Far more dangerous is the attacker who shoulder-surfs the password, logs in and finds out information about your network, connected devices and is able to change your firewall, open ports etc, all without you realising this has happened.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 52 of 55
Flag for a moderator

You have an attacker shoulder surfing you at home?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
mattura
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Constantly. Don't you?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 54 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

You have an attacker shoulder surfing you at home?

Own children

insomniaccc
Joining in
Message 55 of 55
Flag for a moderator

How many years has this been, for what, a simple attribute change on a input box... I used tampermonkey fix by ntyze to make this change for me (device specific so not ideal). 

The fact here is that you have 6 pages on a forum spanning years, with multiple people from the industry making complaints (myself included), advising how this is a basic issue, a pretty standard practice (security wise) and its still not been resolved, it would take all of 5 mins to modify the html input box attribute and mask the password.

This speaks volumes to virgin media as a company and their customer service. Well done VM, <slow clap>.