cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 4 with Sky Q connection constantly dropping

TIM_T
Tuning in

I am having an issue with the connection between my new super hub 4 and my Sky Q box dropping and then will not reconnect for a day or so, or connecting and then dropping and then connecting and then dropping again every few minutes.

I also recently got the message on my tv screen from a sky mini box which said the router is not issuing ip addresses.

I’ve done the usual numerous hub reboots and reset of the Sky box connection but the problem persists.

i see other people appear to have had similar issues, is there a solution that can be applied.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
Apparently this is known issue and has been discussed on the Sky forums

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-boxes-keep-disconnecting-from-network/td-p/3064804

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One solution in that Sky post was to give the Sky box a fixed IP address, worth a try. By fixed, I mean fixed in device, not a pseudo fixed address by doing a reserved IP address in your router/hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tudor wrote:

One solution in that Sky post was to give the Sky box a fixed IP address, worth a try. By fixed, I mean fixed in device, not a pseudo fixed address by doing a reserved IP address in your router/hub.

Yes, looks like the best solution is a wired connection to the main Sky Q box, along with a static IP address (outside the Hub's DHCP scope).  The Sky users imply the mini's run from the main Sky Q via a separate "sky mesh" wifi ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks