Menu
Keany19
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 3 resetting itself

Recently my super hub 3 will reset itself to default settings. Happens every time when I turn the power off to it and sometimes will lock it and then reset itself. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 3 resetting itself

Hello Keany19,

I am very sorry to hear that, how often does this happen?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Keany19
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Happens every time it gets turned off. 

Also just randomly every couple of weeks or so it will lock up and then reset itself to default. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

out of interest, why are you turning it off?
0 Kudos
Keany19
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is usually always on however been some power works in our area so been on and off a few times lately. I was also turning if off and on too check it was resettting itself

0 Kudos
Keany19
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has just reset itself again for no reason. Starting to get quite annoying now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can spontaneously reset if there are signal or noise issues so, check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!).  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. 

If that’s all good.... post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there should be no need to login if have done so already] click on the “router status” icon at top right or the text at bottom middle - of first page up (depending on which hub you have) and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream, &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read, but try to avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos