cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3 compatibility with HP Printers

gpedlar
Joining in

The super hub 3 will not allow a hp 2600 or 2700 series printer to join the network. We are joining the 2.4 ghz network as we know that this is the only band that the prnters are compatible with. After many sessions on the phone with HP we have narrowed it down to the superhub as not being ccompatible. Are there any settings to change to connect them?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless by giving them two separate SSID names?

Also, when you are doing the initial printer setup/config, I have found in the past that downloading the full HP driver/utility software to a laptop then doing the first setup config of the printer via a USB connection and entering the wireless info that way gave the best chance of making a connection.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi gpedlar, 

Have you tried connecting the printer with a usb cable? I did that with my Deskjet 2542 before I could set it up wirelessly.

There's a youtube. video  showing how to set up the 2600 using your phone app 

Also instructions and a download link for the app here >  https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en 

You should also make sure you have up to date device drivers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know from experience that some HP printers are susceptible to having both WiFi bands on one SSID. You must split the bands.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @gpedlar

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to get the printer working as of yet? I'd suggest looking upon the advice from the very helpful @newapollo 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fairycake
Joining in
Thank you for this. I have practically had a nervous breakdown trying to connect and thought I was going mad lol

Hi fairycake,

Thanks for coming back to us, have you managed to get this working now following the great advice from @newapollo?

Regards

Paul.