cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 Confusion

mdjp
Joining in

Just a quick description of my experience with the Super Hub 5 so far (spoiler its not good).

I'll stick to the facts.

1. Email received from VM offering the free upgrade.
2. Accepted upgrade and chose delivery slot.
3. Hub arrived, followed instructions in the box....nothing worked.
4 .Call 1 to VM, SH needs activating (even though the instructions said it would auto activate).
5. 2 hrs later call 2 to VM. still not working just a flashing white light.  OK, sending out an engineer tomorrow.
6. Engineer arrives, takes one look at the router and says he cannot do anything as the SH 5 is not supported on VMs network yet.
7. Call 3 to VM to get my SH 3 reenabled so that we have broadband again.
8. 2 days later SH 3 disabled again, call 4 to VM, tries to make SH5 work again, eventually enables SH3 again.

So I am back where I started after a load of wasted time and interruptions to our service. One part of VM is trying to give us the latest and greatest router, another part of VM is telling us they do not work.  I don't care who is right but as a customer I do not want to be stuck in the middle of it.

So what do I do now? Put the SH 5 in the bin? Wait for VM to contact me to tell me to try it again? Or something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 is in a "soft launch" after a short trial.  Expect it to be buggy for a while yet.  I would not say it is the "best yet".

As for the flashing white light, I believe this is a faulty Hub 5?  As for saying they are not suitable for the VM network is absolute nonsense.

Personally stick with the Hub 3 and hang onto the Hub 5 until they send a pre paid package to send it back. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 is in a "soft launch" after a short trial.  Expect it to be buggy for a while yet.  I would not say it is the "best yet".

As for the flashing white light, I believe this is a faulty Hub 5?  As for saying they are not suitable for the VM network is absolute nonsense.

Personally stick with the Hub 3 and hang onto the Hub 5 until they send a pre paid package to send it back. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response Adduxi, I agree that the engineers comment was a bit strange.  Made everything sound very unprofessional. I'll be taking your advice and sending the SH 5 on its merry way back to VM.