cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 won't let me use printer

McGruff
On our wavelength

I have a new Super Hub 3 printer. It worked perfectly with my previous Super Hub 2, but the new one won't let it connect with my home network, so I can't print anything from my iPad or my PC (thought thecopy feature still works fine. The model is an HP LaserJet Pro M28w, which doesn't have a screen where I could enter the new hub's password, and when I try to use the hub's WPS to connect, it doesn't  do the job - the wireless indicator light on the printer just keeps blinking. And since the Super Hub 3 doesn't have a USB port I can't do it  that way either. And my iPad shows that there is no sign of the printer in the network.

Has anybody got any advice as to how could proceed? Preferably using my iPad as my means of  adjusting any settings in the Hub, if that's the way to do it.

59 REPLIES 59

McGruff
On our wavelength

I just tried to log-in to my superhub, with a view to maybe carrying out Carl's suggestion - but when I put in the password of the hub the response was that it was inaccurate. It wasn't - it was the one on the hub which successfully works for my home network (apart from the problem with the printer).

What should I do to solve this one?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you entering the hub's admin password and not the wi-fi password? Regularly a source of failed hub logins in topics on the forums.

McGruff
On our wavelength

I used the password printed on the hub, the one I used to slink the family's iPads into the hub. I don't know any other one.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The passwords for WiFi and hub admin are totally different. They should both be listed on the bottom of the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@McGruff 

It should be the Settings password which is 8 numeric characters.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey all,

I have to say here, and I might be clearly missing something. But ... Is it just a case of 'Gimmick or Gain?'

If you have a wireless-capable printer, WHY bother connecting it directly to the Hub 3?

If it connects to your PC, Laptop, Tablet, and by extension, the Cloud, why complicate things ... Given the number of issues posted even recently, It boggles me why anyone is bothering. It seems that anyone with any sense would leave the printer connected to their PC, Laptop, etc, and forget going the Hub 3 route.

But as I said, "Maybe I'm missing something,"

😕

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

asim18
Fibre optic

This review on Amazon might help he had similar issues and has given instructions to fix:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RB8B35UURK4RO?ref=pf_vv_at_pdctrvw_srp

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@McGruff wrote:

I used the password printed on the hub, the one I used to slink the family's iPads into the hub. I don't know any other one.

You need to use the 'Settings password' to log into the VM hub as highlighted in the picture in message #2 in this past topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-settings-password-not-working/td-p/...

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1701 wrote:

Hey all,

I have to say here, and I might be clearly missing something. But ... Is it just a case of 'Gimmick or Gain?'

If you have a wireless-capable printer, WHY bother connecting it directly to the Hub 3?

The OP can't get the printer connected to the Hub via wireless, hence the struggle.  Personally I'd dump the printer and get one with an ethernet port, as I have done on several occasions.

Also relying on a PC or laptop negates the usefulness of the printer.  It should be able to print standalone.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

McGruff
On our wavelength

@Steve1701 wrote:

Hey all,

Yes indeed, if I could get the printer using wireless to connect to my home network, that's whatI want. Since I bought it a few months ago that's what I was doing and it worked perfetly. But since I got my Superhub 3 the connection to my home network is kaput. The hub is the problem, not the printer which has shown that it is perfectly wireless capable. Only problem with the printer is that for some reason HP designed out providing a method for directly logging it into the hub wifi, so I¡m dependant on WPS which doesn't do the job.