cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to set up

EmmaRHELP
Joining in

I’ve tried multiple times to set up my broadband to no avail - I just get a green flashing light. 
Each time I repeat the suggested steps, but nothing works. Can someone help?

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734& explain the situation.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Green flashing usually means there is no broadband signal.  The cable is disconnected somewhere between you and the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EmmaRHELP

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community  and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to see you haven't been able to set up your Broadband, I was able to locate you on our system with the details wre have for you and can see you have spoken to us, have you now been able to get things set up?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

unfortunately I am still not able to set it up. after speaking to someone on Saturday, I was advised that I wouldn’t be able to get service until 09/02 which is incredibly frustrating. Apparently there is a “known” problem in my area, but this contradicts the advice on the app…?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @EmmaRHELP 

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

Whenever you have any connection issues you should also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level. Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi EmmaRHELP, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear this is still ongoing for you. 

Checking things today, there is a fault in the area but this won't be affecting you just yet since your broadband isn't installed. I've not been able to remotely activate things this end so we will need an engineer out to get things up and running. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs