cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street connection point

Mredol
Joining in

I’ve just signed up for virgin broadband. But I’ve noticed I can’t see the Street connection point on pavement outside my house. All the other houses on my street have them though. I suspect mine has been tarmac over it.

What will happen when engineer comes to install broadband?

do I need to let virgin know?

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you overlap any existing Broadband provision with your VM startup date. If there is no dropbox existing on the property & the tee point is obstructed, then the cable pull team won't be able to pull a cable from the cabinet. This is likely to result in a delay while a construction team deals with installing a tee & the council permits required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mredol,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I can appreciate your concern with not being able to see a tee point outside your home - nodrogd is correct and this may cause some issues.

However I can see that you have been in touch with us recently and arranged a site survey. Looks like we are aware of this.

If you need anything else in the meantime or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask 😊

Beth