cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street Cable Exposed

Parky2
Tuning in

Hi, I am new to virgin Sky for 22 years. The cable from the street into my property is exposed and only protected by a plastic covering. On my side of hedge it’s at ground level, on street side it is 6inches out from hedge and 15 inches high, this was discovered After the hedge was cut. I have contacted Virgin 4 times now and have been told somebody will be out to review in 48 hours, but nobody as yet has been. I attach a photo which shows this is a health and safety issue somebody could trip over this in the dark, or somebody could damage the cables. So far my experience with Virgin 1 out of 10 for customer service, when the cables were installed in street the contractors dug through my gas pipe on a Friday afternoon then next day my water pipe!!
How can I get this resolved quickly39D9FAB7-773A-40E8-9F3E-4DE6B726FB17.jpeg1A3F7B0A-2896-40EA-9884-0747EA0A351B.jpeg207313A5-63FA-42DA-922D-DD5A6140A2C0.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Parky2,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that this has happened.

Please can you tell me if this is outside your property? If not please can you provide me the details of where this is?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Haley,

It is on the pavement street side, not on my property

regards

Thanks for coming back to us @Parky2.

I have no raised this with the concerned team and I will let you know once I have any updates on the burying of the cable at your home.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

It was reported to the concerned team before, who were not very concerned as nobody made contact.

Regards

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

I am sorry if you have had to report this more than once to us, I can understand your frustration with that. Please be assured that we have now made the relevant team aware who will be looking into this.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Beth,

Thank you for your comments.
There is an appointment booked for Tuesday afternoon which I understood was to fix this issue, however I am receiving text messages confirming my installation, however Everything is already installed, this is a  maintance issue of your street side cabling.

regards

Kenneth

Hey @Parky2,

Your appointment has been arranged and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards

Steven_L

Thanks to everyone, Repair team arrived Tuesday afternoon and relaid all cabling in street and from street to my property.

Looks 100% better.A1AA0DA9-AE1A-4018-8FF0-8747CFB9CEF1.jpeg85F2EDF2-6BC6-4AAD-B703-F39AE5E8B6C2.jpeg3B818C8D-EF14-4D9B-B6F5-E6D4F3C9987C.jpeg

Cheers

Kenneth

Thanks for the update Parky2,

Really pleased to hear our team came and re-laid the cable for you, it looks so much better now.

If you have any further issues in the future, please come back to us through this channel and we will help as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi.