cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange broadband wall socket

Fmj321
Joining in

I’ve just received my quick start package. The cables won’t attach to the wall socket which looks mangled. The previous tenant had virgin broadband so much I doing something wrong?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Fmj321
Joining in

C50C0F0E-09D1-4879-944A-FEB409562DF4.jpeg

 This is a photo of the wall socket

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the cable with the "pin" sticking out is indeed a VM cable, you will need one of these fitted.  Once fitted the Quickstart cable will push on.

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

However if this cable is in an inconvenient place, phone in a get a manned install.  The technician will then cable your Hub to where ever you need it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Fmj321,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Firstly, you are not doing anything wrong, it seems as our valued member @Adduxi is correct, we will have to book you in for a manned installation, as the fitting you need does not seem to be there.

Looking at our systems we can see a visit has been booked - to check the date and time please log into your online account here

Kind regards Jodi.