Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no sign of anyone to get us connected!

Had an installation date of 27 July when the engineer told me there was a 'problem' with the fibre from the box to outside the house. A new date was set of 5 August when engineer turned up at 6pm and told me it would be on Friday 7th August. Since then nothing has happened. No digging in the road, no emails sent, no text sent & nothing on the account except a daily change to the 'service request'. When I phoned, the automated service told me I was not giving the correct password (even though I get online OK).

Is there anyone out the from Virgin who can tell me what is going on?

If nothing happens by Wednesday - I shall cancel the whole thing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Still no sign of anyone to get us connected!

Hello Daveh50,

Sorry to hear about your installation being delayed. I've had a look at your details and can see that you've called us since you last posted. I'm sorry for the delay and can see that the works have been arranged and please wait for it to complete.  If however you still have queries about your install, do let us know so we can check for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lisa, I made two phone calls & texts today - both promised that there would be someone turning up today (Monday).....as expected - nothing happened!

Yes, it's hot....yes, there is a virus problem.....yes, people are working from home.....but at least let there be a single point of reference. I was told "oh, you should phone this number"....."don't worry - it will be today"....."your connection is booked for today, they will be along later".

Starting to think that these are all phrases just to get me off the phone!!!!

Not happy at all!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Daveh50,

I am really sorry for what has happened. I can see you've raised a complaint which is now with the field team. They'll come back to you within 5 working days. Your reference is COM104188284.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John - great news!

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Engineers called yesterday to connect us only to find there is still no fibre in the pipework. Apparently the budget is approved for a road crew to come & sort it, but no-one ever gets back to me to tell me what is happening (except John & Lisa on here)

If anyone 'out there' has any ideas what is going on I would love it if they can light a fuse under the team that need to sort this! A big workload of video due next week and I need my Broadband connected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Daveh50 

Sorry to hear you're having these issues with your install still. I appreciate this would be frustrating for you. 

I'll send you a private message now to clear security. I'll then be able to advise on an update on when the work will be carried out. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any news Hollie???

....or anyone else from the team?

Still not heard any news concerning when we might be connected.

OVER A MONTH OF WAITING from our original date!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dave, it took them 8 weeks to actually get my installation sorted from the original date they said they would! 

1 week to fix the grid they said they were having problems with, a further 5 weeks for someone to retry pulling the cable, and 2 further weeks for an engineer to actually get us connected. 

But we got there in the end, and, actually, I think I prefer BT 😄 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this......I’m borderline cancelling the whole thing and staying with BT!

0 Kudos