cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up and activation

Hitul17
Joining in
  • Hello wondering if anyone can help with a couple of issues. Signed up for a new VM broadband package 2 weeks ago, switching from BT. Have had VM broadband previously so wired up new hub 3 last night. To activate, went through automated activation through the phone, but also got through to an advisor to confirm this who said it would take up to an hour. After an hour and a half, nothing - still got the bottom light flashing green with the WiFi icon on green too, no light on internet arrows.
  • Called again today to be told there is an outage in the area and it would take 24-48 hours. Service status on the app and website says there are no issues but downdetector shows outage.
  • On a other note, since signing up to the package over the phone 2 weeks ago was told the contract/confirmation would be sent within 7 days. No sign of it. Called again 2 days ago to have the contract or confirmation of the deal to be emailed, said it would be received in 24 hours. No sign of it. Called again today, advisor confirmed emails had been sent out 2 days ago and also on the day of signing up to the package, however nothing in inbox or junk. Have confirmed the email address and also provided another email.
  • I would appreciate if anyone could look in to this/DM me? I had none of this 7/8 years ago with virgin broadband. Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Hitul17 

To check up on the "outage" in your area try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061. 

This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

A member of teh Forum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two to check the systems have provisioned your connection and also look at the email issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hitul17,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have had issues with your broadband activation. We can understand this is not ideal especially as a new customer. I have been unable to access your details on our system however have you been able to reach our team to get connected? If not, what has the latest update you have gotten regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs