Menu
DSymonds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Start date of new contract.

Hello, 

I will be moving house beginning of April and getting rid of my Sky TV and Broadband towards the end of March. I want to get the Full house sports bundle from Virgin and wondered if there's a way I could buy now but not have the contract start until end of March/beginning of April when I move. There is no point setting it up on my current house and then switching, but I would like to take advantage of the current sale on the bundle if possible. 

Any help/suggestions appreciated!  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Start date of new contract.

Is the new property "fully cabled up". That is, are there "known" active connections in the "new" property. If it requires active cabling that can sometimes take a while to sort out - particularly if there is some blockage to the cable run.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
DSymonds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response. By "fully cabled up" do you mean ready for Virgin? As far as I know the current owners are using Sky and have lived in the house for 30 years, so I don't believe have ever had Virgin. Is there a way to check the status of the connections and cables you have described? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I assume it is coming up as "Available" when you input your new address into the "checker"? If so VM believe it will be easily installed. Just occasionally they hit an issue where they cant get a cable past an unexpected obstruction etc., - but they wont know that until they arrive to pull cables. Sometimes they send out a visit from a "Spotter" but I dont know whether they get down to that level of detail. Best to let a VM person comment when they get to this thread.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DSymonds

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch 😄

You can check out availability via this link:

Postcode checker

Once you know the home is able to be connected you can sing up and request a delayed delivery if it's self install or delay the installation by up to 60 days.

If you take the offer say today, that offer is the one you will be installed with in 60 days time as the offer once linked to your service install or delivery is not changed unless we manually edit this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and good luck with the home move.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

DSymonds
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

0 Kudos