cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter

SJas
Tuning in

How do I get a spotter to my private estate to see if Virgin media can be installed. There are a 100 homes on the estate at the moment. Virgin media is installed in the surrounding streets.

I have tried the customer service number and they just keep transferring me to different department. I need someone to contact me directly to help. 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
How old is the estate? If it was built fairly recently the builder will (should have) partnered with VM or OpenReach to in-build the infrastructure (ducts, cables etc) to supply the whole estate.

Does anyone else on the estate have a VM or OR connection?

what do you currently use?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The estate is 6 years old. There is no Virgin Media on the estate at the moment. We have standard broadband at the moment. I am sure the ductwork is there. 

It is impossible to contact someone at Virgin. Their customer service is terrible. They don't seem to care, they just keep asking me for a account number.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens on the VM and OR "Postcode Service Checkers" ?

A VM person will respond on here in a day or two and advise once they get to this thread.

Or usually some VM folks like  @Christy_D     often respond straight away.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SJas

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 Thank you for making your first post regarding getting a spotter out to your estate, I would like to check this for you and see if we can get this arranged. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the address details required.

Best wishes,

Serema

That would be helpful

Hi there, 

I can see that my colleague has gotten back to you via PM and confirmed that we are unfortunately not able to arrange the spotter via the forums. 

You can however call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 where a member of the phone team will be able to look into this for you. 

Thank you. 

I have called the sales team on the number you supplied, but they said they could not help me. They just said Virgin Media is not available at my postcode. I knew that, and that is why I am trying to get it installed. The street next to my street has Virgin Media so it is available in my area. The Sales Rep did not seem to understand my request, nor did she seem to care.

Again Virgin Media has demonstrated their very poor custom service. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SJas,

Thank you for coming back to us about this. I do apologise that the Sales team was unable to assist you further. Our network team will be looking at new areas to expand our network to, so we might be in your area soon, but I cannot guarantee when this will be. Please keep an eye out on our Post Code Checker page for more information on this. 

I do apologise that we cannot help further from here.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs