cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter request

Nexus162
Joining in

Hi,

i want to sign up to Virgin media. I live in a virgin media area. But i live down a private lane. 

When i check my postcode it tells me my house is unavailable to get VM. But all the houses that are at the top of our lane. All have VM. The lane is only about 10 meters long and i imagine there is no cables laid down.

I was wondering if a spotter could be organised to see if i am able to get cable laid down our lane?

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Is the lane owned by yourself or is it shared?

Would you be able to lay your own ducting up to the main road for us to pull a cable through to your property? This would only be possible if it is not a FTTP area.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

It is shared between 2 other houses. But i know they would be fine for any work to be done on lane.

Dont know about the ducting, im afraid. I would say no as i would have no clue what i am doing. Sorry.

I think the houses at top of our lane are FTTP but sadly us down the lane are not.

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
If you can private message me your full address and postcode I can take a look for you.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Just sent you a PM with address

Sorry i didnt hear back in the end, did you get my PM with details?

Thanks

Hi Nexus, apologies it may be the case that Christy is not in at the moment - I will also send you a PM to confirm a few details and investigate this for you internally. You can find the PM in your Inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly