cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter Request New Build Property

JasonMcGowan
Joining in

Hi,

We have recently moved out of our flat and unfortunately had to cancel our virgin media in which we love because the VM is not activated in our new build property. We have been assured by keepmoat homes that it is all cabled up and ready for VM to do there part.

When speaking to VM on the phone they have stated they would require a spotter to come out and check if we are indeed serviceable for virgin media. We are pretty desperate for the internet but are pretty loyal to VM and don really like signing into a long contract with another company.

We have still not heard from any spotter and was hoping is there anything you can do to help us!

Thanks

Jasom

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Was it a single house build or one on a new multi house "estate"?

Builders usually partner with either VM or OpenReach before building so that the correct infrastructure can be installed during the build.

Is there any evidence of that? Any VM street cabinets, any VM duct covers, Tee points, etc? Any other properties connected on the estate or nearby?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JasonMcGowan

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll take a look into this for you, please keep an eye on your inbox and I will drop you a private message 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JasonMcGowan 

I can see you posted now around a month ago, and just checking to see if you got the issue resolved?

Happy to further investigate this for you if required. 

Many thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more