Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Splitter Cable

I need a longer splitter cable than the 3 metre one in the starter kit. How can I order one? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Splitter Cable

Hi,that’s the longest we do,you have 2 options here,buy one from Argos or amazon or wait until you see a virgin media engineer,only because I’m not sure they will send out a tech at the moment for this problem.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you recommending non-virgin approved cables?????

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it!!! Second VM staff member recommending something which breaks VM’s terms and conditions.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it doesn't surprise me anymore.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They have said that as long as the cable is of suitable quality non virgin cable is fine, but if you have problems you must disconnect that cable to confirm where the fault is. Basically techs will not replace non virgin cables. Which sounds fair enough. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

They have said that as long as the cable is of suitable quality non virgin cable is fine, but if you have problems you must disconnect that cable to confirm where the fault is. Basically techs will not replace non virgin cables. Which sounds fair enough. 

have you looked at the stuff Argos is selling - i would doubt it comes anywhere near VM quality - but who are we to question it when its suggested by VM staff - anything seems ok

Tony
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was thinking wf100 as a minimum. I've no idea what argos sell as I'd never buy cable from them! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This VM document for new builds which is interesting,

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/New-Build-Handbook-...

refers to Amphenol Times Fiber Communications (TFC) Broadband Solutions RG6 triple shielded cable or RG59 triple shielded cable inside the property.

Whether or not a customer could/should install their own cables is a bit doubtful IMO!

0 Kudos