cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed throttled despite payment correction

___EJ___
Joining in

There was an issue with my payment card. I fixed this immediately and the virgin website said my connection would be back to normal in 10 minutes. 

Unfortunately this was last night and the internet is still throttled down to zero. 

5 REPLIES 5

___EJ___
Joining in

👆 any idea how to solve this issue that doesn't involve waiting on hold to talk to customer service? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try a one minute pinhole reset of the hub. 

Thanks, I have tried that with no luck. 

I checked again and it now said I owe £0.95, so I paid and they promised I would be back online in 10 minutes. That was an hour ago and still no internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's a penny a minute so allow another half hour (tbh credit control issues might take a night to resolve). 

Hi ___EJ___,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you were not connected after making a payment to us, this can sometimes take a short while for your services to re-connect once a payment has been made. You can find more information about this on the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments

As you posted a short while ago, have your services returned to normal since you last post?

Kind regards Jodi.