cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone help - Installation problem about move

Mrposhringo
Joining in

So 1 month ago I moved to a new house and transferred my contract. The installation man came and couldn't do his job and the wires from the road are not where they should be even thought they'd been there before. 

Every time I contact virgin I get passed around to every different department..... then in the end getting cut off.

I've been with virgin years n not normally any problems. 

I just want someone to sort this

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mrposhringo,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post. I'm so sorry for the difficulty you've had with your new house move and that you have not had great communication about this from us.

Just to confirm, have you spoken directly with our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734? 

I can see our team has been in touch around the same time you posted on Monday - are you still in need of further assistance here or have you been made aware of what's going on with the installation? 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I've been contacted but I'm not getting TV and wifi till the 28th

Shocking service by virgin, 8 weeks with no service 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Mrposhringo,

Thanks for your reply and apologies once again for the delay to your installation. Such delays are generally down to external work needing to be carried out which requires a permit to be obtained from local councils.

Installation delays are covered by our Automatic Compensation Scheme which will be generated once the installation is complete.

If you do have further questions do let us know.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So I can see the permit for work externally is for the 19th as signs have been put up in the street. 

How come its then the 28th the installation will be done?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrposhringo,

Thank you for getting back to us about your install issue.

The construction can take more than a few days to complete depending on the severity of the work required. 

If the work is carried out and complete before your estimated install date, our team will be in touch in order to move your install date if needed.

Please keep us updated on this further if you can. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Looks like the works are complete, I take it I now wait for a call to hopefully move install date forward