cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some advice- New customer signing up before moving into new home

nadolguna
Joining in

I wondered if I could ask the community some advice. I am not currently a virgin media customer. I am moving into a new home at the end of next week and want to join using the Ultimate Volt Bundle (O2 sim, TV, landline, internet).

I really want to sign up now before I move into my new home to take advantage of the current offer before it runs out on 5/2. I have been given a friends and family link so can get this for a really good deal. However the issue I have is that I don't know if the home I am moving into has a virgin media socket in the house or if this would need to be set up. When I type in my new home postcode it says the address is compatible and when I go to sign up it offers me two options, self-set up or book someone to come and fit.

Booking someone to come and fit seems to describe just setting up the modem ect, almost as if they are expecting my house to have virgin media socket already set up. Would they know this just from the address?

I don't want to book self or virgin set up only for it to arrive and be useless as a need an engineer to fit the cabling. I don't seem to have the option of booking someone to fit the cable in so I am wondering what you think the best course of action would be. Would it be okay to sign up now (receiving the great offer) before I actually move into my house next week?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nadolguna 

The Quick Install is only available when there has been a recent VM installation in the property, however VM don't actually know if there is still a working socket inside the property.  The previous occupant may have ripped out the VM socket or cabling. There may also be an external problem with the cabling.

If you’re eligible for a QuickStart self-install kit, but choose to use an engineer for your installation, you’ll be charged £30 for this service.

You can order now and go for the self install, there's a good chance that everything is still set up within the property and  you just plug and go

If it doesn't work then you can call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

It might though take from a couple of days to a week to then get the tech visit.

For peace of mind I myself would want the internet to be up and running straight away so I would go for the engineer install, and pay the £30 so I could take advantage of VM's current offer of Amazon Echo Dot + Blink Video Doorbell or £75 bill credit:

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey nadoguna, thank you for reaching out and for your interest in joining Virgin Media O2.

If this is giving you the option for a quick start this does mean there is a socket in the house according to our records.

If you have any questions the sales team would be able to assist you on 0800 183 1234, they are open until 9PM tonight. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?