cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light

Chris_Walsh
Tuning in

I believe this means the leads are not connected however nothing has changed since installing. I re booted and had Wi-Fi for a while and now it’s gone off again and is solid red. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It has been back on over night and most of the day and now gone off again. Please see pic 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of what you have and its red light.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chris_Walsh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We're sorry to hear about the red light on your hub. 

As jbrennand has advised, if you can provide a photo of this we can advise further. 

^Martin

It has been back on over night and most of the day and now gone off again. Please see pic 

559C4E43-65E2-45C2-8273-ACB0F3EFE8E6.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Chris_Walsh 

A solid red light on the hub 4 or hub 5 generally means that the coaxial cable is loose. The white coaxial needs to be finger tight wherever there are any connections including splitters..

The red light also appears when there's a local issue. I also suggest looking at Check  Service Status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automatic Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Chris, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. I have checked the area and can see that there was an outage which was resolved on the 26th April. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service? ^Chris.