cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Orange Service Light

Metal_Jim
Tuning in

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my first time posting so I apologise if I have done something wrong in advance.

Just over 24 hours ago my Virgin Hub 3.0 Status bar went orange, my partner said before the status went Orange the internet unexpectedly cut off for about 10 minutes. 

Screenshot_2022-04-15-11-36-15-23_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

All services seem to be working. I have done an area service check and everything should be working correctly.

Screenshot_2022-04-15-11-05-36-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

 I have also done a network scan and it has identified all Wired and Wireless devices have poor connection even though a handful of these devices are near the router itself.

Screenshot_2022-04-15-09-05-48-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-15-09-05-54-44_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-15-09-06-03-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

 since these checks, I have felt the unit and it doesn't appear any hotter than normal and all wires appear to be plugged in properly.

Are there any other DIY checks I should do?

Thank you for your time,

Jim.

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Nothing more you can check, but initial indications are that every VM customer in the country had a loss of internet connection for about 10-15 minutes yesterday evening, and that's not related to your individual connection or hub.

Regarding the murky orange LED, we (forum contributors) believe that's down to poor quality manufacture of the hub, and a decline in the blue output from the RGB diode.  Of itself it indicates nothing.  Could even be you've been issued with the Hub 3 I returned recently, as that had got an LED that looked like that.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't aware that everyone had an outage so that's relieving to know.

I have had this hub for about 15 months now, was all displaying properly until after the network outage but if it's just an LED issue then I suppose thats fine. I understand the router has the green lights above if one or more of the specific functions are down, wouldn't a fault with the diode effect other status changes making it harder to identify if something is wrong?

Would you see this as an issue, would you suggest I try and get a replacement router like you did?

Thanks for coming back to us @Metal_Jim.

What light is currently being displayed on your hub, is it still the orange light?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes it's still Orange. I haven't re done any network or area scans as such since I made this post.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for getting back to us with your confirmation @Metal_Jim.

In regards to the level of internet and WiFi service you're receiving, how are things?  Is that now working as you'd expect it to?

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for checking in.

For what I am using of the internet, things seem to be working as they were. Only notable thing is my Amazon door cam frequently loses connection after the door is opened as if the connection is stretched but the wireless signal wasn't very strong to begin with.

Hey Metal_Jim,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear everything is running OK other than the light being Orange, as long as it stays orange and doesn't get hot this is fine, in regards to your WIFI having some issues, this can be fixed with our Intelligent WIFI.

regards

Paul.