Menu
Diddlydo
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sold VM Broadband In February, Neglected with NO Services 5 months on

I will try keep to the facts as I could write pages on my very very bad experience.

It all started early February 2019, when the local virgin media representative called me stating virgin media was now available.

We arranged an appointment where he came into my house to discuss the packages and I was told within few days I would receive a call to get an installation date. Which I did, and was arranged around 2 weeks after, which was towards end of February.

Knowing my services will be complete end of February, I cancelled my BT services completed knowing I would have virgin.

A couple of days before installation, I came home during the day to find a white box installed on the FRONT of my house and a huge tear right through the middle of my lawn and front garden. WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!**(white box still here and still no services 23/7/19, read on)**

I called up the sales representative who agreed that should not have been done.

Since end of February till date there were numerous calls to KASIM the representative and also many calls to Virgin Media directly.

Around 5-8 calls consisted in someone calling me back within 48 hours, in which not one call back was made. Absolute terrible customer care and neglect.

I have requested for the white box to be removed, but I was told only if I cancel my services.. in which I refuse to do since I was sold Virgin media services in February and was promised and installation end of February.

This white box remains on the front of my house making my house look terrible, and once virgin remove this box I will seek legal action if they refuse to repair and paint the front of my house. The reason is because it was installed without my permission and once removed it will leave holes and damage to the front of my house.

During March - June I was also promised installation 2 further occasions where the Virgin Media Engineer’s came to my premisses to find that there is no live cable, even though the box was installed on the front of my house! These engineers were also very confused and disappointed with the situation, and also laughed at where the box was installed.

In June I finally found out that Virgin Media were waiting for permission from the council. After 4 months of signing up and cancelling my BT services I find out this out, but yet I was sold and promised services in February!!

We are now 23/07/19, I have not received any calls from Virgin Media to update me or to help in anyway, I’m still left without services and have no internet within my home. This has been going on for 5-6 months and the frustration is unbelievable, feeling helpless and neglected as a customer.

I will be seeking advise when the time is right for compensation of the damages from the white box installed without my permission, proof on CCTV of Engineers coming to the property and started without informing me. And neglected as a customer, not being informed and no other solution in providing a service. Ofcom will be very disapointed

London N14

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sold VM Broadband In February, Neglected with NO Services 5 months on

the white box is required to give you service, so is the trench.
so i guess the question is, do you want to keep service or not?

if you do then you WILL need the white box somewhere on the outside of your house. the cable also need to come from the pavement in to your house, so a trench of some sort would be required.

so either you keep service and those remain, or your remove service and the box is removed.

also, ofcom is not an option to you as ofcom don't take invidual complaints (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/service-problems)
0 Kudos
Diddlydo
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was not clear enough...

I was not given the choice where the box should be located. I fully understand that the box needs to be installed on the premisses in which if I was given the option, it would be located on the side of the house.

Once again, I was not given the choice and I DID NOT give permission for this to be installed on the front of my house. If you saw the images you will better understand.

not only that, they trashed the lawn and garden to dig for the wire to pass. Once again, I was not given the choice or given permission.

now you understand better.

your reply was unhelpful, like my experience for 5 months. And will clearly show the lack of understanding and care for customers.

And what is your comment on not having services for 5 months after being sold and promised services end of February. Even when the box has been installed on front of my house and is still here... still no services. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok so that's clearer, the issue is the location.
the box could certainly have been located at the side. whould there have been an alternate route for the cable to reach your property? they can't/won't dig up paving or tarmac, it is almost always router via dirt or grass.

you should have had the choice, given the limitations, but one will assume that they had implied permission as part of the installation request.

can we assume that as it stands right now, you have a cable to the house and the require outer box, but no one has been to complete the install internally?

i am not a virgin employee so i have no comment to give with regards to your 5 months service issue.

clarity is required on what outcome you want from this. do you want the install to be completed and for you to have service? or do you want to cancel everything?

with regards to your BT services, it is ALWAYS advisable to not cancel any services until your new service is live - this being a prime example.
0 Kudos
Diddlydo
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I should have been given the choice and if the only option is front of the house, I would have declined. My house and the few houses on my road have a covenant, which means we should not have anything on the front of our house that is not original.

So, a big fail on behalf of virgin media.

i have had 3 visits from installation team, which failed to install the services. 

This is where I recently learned that there is no cable to then feed my house. VM are waiting permission from the council.

the fact is, I had VM sales representative walk into my house and sell me virgin media services and had arranged install end of February.

thanks for mentioning to not have cancelled my BT services, but when someone walks into your house and sells you and promises you services. Then it feels normal to cancel.

If there was 1 month delay, then fine this sort of rubbish happens... but we are talking 5 months!!!

I don’t think you can continue to justify and back up VM. Please refrain from responding further and I look forward to hearing from Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i have neither justified nor backed up virgin - you seem to be reading things that aren't there.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why do you think the white box and trench were installed without your permission? If you signed up for the VM service that’s part of the installation, so you signed up for it. As to the quality of the installation, that’s another matter.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Diddlydo
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Because my house is probably not like your house that suits a big white box.

If I was notified when installation was going to be made I would of explained to the engineers to install on the side of the house and not on the front of my house like a picture frame. And they destroyed the lawn/garden to pass the cable and is partially visible and dangerous if someone walks across it...

if you saw it, you wouldn’t be answering in that manner.

the longer this goes on and the longer VM take to cooperate the worse it will get for them

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Post some photos.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos