cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socket

KirstyAli28
Joining in

Hello I have just received my virgin media wifi in the post it is a quickstart one but I don't have the virgin media socket in my flat, I need to book an engineer to come our and install one for me, but will it cost me anything? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KirstyAli28, 

Thank you for joining me on private message and providing all the information. 

I am very glad we have been able to assist in getting this matter sorted. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd
Try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I just need an engineer to come out and install one for me, how do I book an engineer

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As above, call the pre-installs team. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KirstyAli28, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you not been able to complete your installation due to there not being a socket available. 

We can help arrange a visit for you from here. To do this, I will just need to take a few details via private message and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KirstyAli28, 

Thank you for joining me on private message and providing all the information. 

I am very glad we have been able to assist in getting this matter sorted. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat