cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband and high ping, is there issue in my area ?

SethEvans
Tuning in

Hi, since yesterday me and many of my friends who own Virgin near me, have slow transfers and high pings (40-60ms), is there any issues ?

here is my BQM and it look the same for my friends

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 19.54.46.jpegScreenshot 2021-06-25 at 19.54.58.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like over utilization to me, overselling in an area, not much you can do, until they sort it

Something went wrong thats for sure, same on wired connection

CEB637EC-ACA3-411C-A1E1-8206F99B52D0.png

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 23.47.29.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definalty looks like congestion/oversubscribed area

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to come here and take a look

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sorry, but that's not overutilization

The minimum ping on the bqm shown goes up with at the bad times, this is something I have never seen with overutilization.

Typical overutilization raises the maximum latency and drags up the average as a result.

This more looks like area problem of some sort affecting not just you.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@risc19 wrote:

Sorry, but that's not overutilization

The minimum ping on the bqm shown goes up with at the bad times, this is something I have never seen with overutilization.

Typical overutilization raises the maximum latency and drags up the average as a result.

Just saying you can have overutilization with low ping by QoS but this type of hump in BQM can be a DDoS maxing out the link or CPU can't handle the incoming buffer ingress on VM edge network.

If you ping the WAN gateway you likely see the 1st hop by Docsis is fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi SethEvans,

Thank you for that information. 

We have been able to locate your account and have checked out our on side and we're unable to see any issues with your service. 

Can you confirm what specifically is happening with your service? 

^Martin