Menu
Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky q

Hi got sky q and hub 3 broadband has been installed now, coming over from bt with no problems before. Now sky q keeps losing the internet and am having to reboot every day to regain connection! What can I do to fix this. O e got an ethernet cable from sky to router and it's still losing the connection!?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky q

I think you will need to give much more information before anyone can answer this. What error messages are you getting?  Which are you rebooting? Do other devices stay connected?

0 Kudos
Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, I have sky q 2tb box and 2 minis upstairs. Have had virgin bb installed. Full house package. Since being installed my skyq now keeps losing the internet network connection. I have to keep switching off my sky q box or the virgin 3 hub to get it to reconnected. I have the hub and q box connected via an ethernet cable,yet still it disconnects. Any help on why this might be would be helpful as it's getting on my boobies.

Many thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To add all other devices stay connected this meaning it's a sky to virgin problem only I'm suffering, tho the minis have cut out also and need reinstalling. 

0 Kudos
Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will a cat 7 cable help connection?  Using existing ethernet cable from sky. Tried another existing cable which had been working and still same problem.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Hayleelee wrote:

Hi all, I have sky q 2tb box and 2 minis upstairs. Have had virgin bb installed. Full house package. Since being installed my skyq now keeps losing the internet network connection. I have to keep switching off my sky q box or the virgin 3 hub to get it to reconnected. I have the hub and q box connected via an ethernet cable,yet still it disconnects. Any help on why this might be would be helpful as it's getting on my boobies.

Many thanks

Lee

Hi Lee,

So you have a SkqQ box -+2 minis? (SkyQ or vm?) and you have had the TV phone and internet from VM too?  So 2 lots of TV and internet with VM?

If you have SkyQ mini boxes they don't use the internet at all - they connect to the Q box via built in wifi - so that's not an issue - the SkyQ box should just connect with the cable - I admit I have a 2TB bo too and although it is slow to download over 350mbps it does stay connected - these boxes are meant to have GB ports - but I just don't know why it's slow - maybe Sky servers?

No idea on the VM stuff sorry - VM TV is second class compared to Sky - are you sure you want or need VM TV on top of sky?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi the deal for virgin was cheap as I wanted internet and bt sport. Much cheaper than bt. I don't need the TV side of things it just came free so to speak. It's not slow, it keeps disconnecting and won't reconnected unless I reboot either hub or sky q. It even started working just by taking out the ethernet cable and putting it back in, the back of the q box! Why is it losing connection! Happens on WiFi too tho.🤔

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try separating out the 2.4 and 5 GHZ SSID's

SKY Q uses the 5 GHZ frequencies only from memory , and the 2.4 SSID is likely just causing issues.

Hayleelee
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for advice, I can switch 2.4 & 5 on and off on sky q. I switched them both off before but lost the mini boxes upstairs. I'll try just the 2.4 and report back. 

Many thanks

0 Kudos