cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q with Superhub 4 wifi connection constantly dropping

rick32
On our wavelength

Hi Folks. Hope someone can help with this issue I am having. Since receiving the hub 4 my Sky Q box will not keep the wifi connection at all. It will initially say it is connected after entering the password but within a few minutes it drops and I receive the error message on screen to confirm this has happened.

I have searched through the community forum to seek a solution and one suggestion was separating the wifi connection into 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I tried this but the Sky Q box still disconnects. 

I tried calling Virgin Media but found it impossible to speak to anyone directly about this issue. An ethernet connection is out of the question as the hub 4 is upstairs and the Sky Q box is downstairs. 

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Oh and I tried contacting Sky but all I got from that call was a text message to look at their help pages!

9 REPLIES 9

Z92
Trouble shooter

rick32
On our wavelength

No I have not tried that although did have one many years ago but it was very slow. Plus I have seen other posts where a powerline adaptor did not resolve the issue with Sky Q. Thanks for your suggestion though. Really need to hear from someone with the same issue as myself and found a solution.

Hi rick32

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issues. I've had a check on the system today and can see all the upstream and downstream channels are out of spec.

It needs a technician to come round and fix this.

I'll PM you the date now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue with my new hub 4 constantly dropping the WiFi connection to my Sky Q box.

Can you tell me what is required to fix this.

Thanks

Tim

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TIM_T wrote:

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue with my new hub 4 constantly dropping the WiFi connection to my Sky Q box.

Can you tell me what is required to fix this.

Thanks

Tim

Can you please start a new thread.  It gets very confusing when 2 or more people are in the same one.  Thanks 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TIM_T thanks for posting and welcome back to our community

As I cannot locate a new thread as recommended by the fantastic Adduxi, I will respond on here on this occasion.  We have located your account and had a remote look.  We need to send a technician.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lee_R wrote:

As I cannot locate a new thread as recommended by the fantastic Adduxi, I will respond on here on this occasion.  <snip>

TIM_T posted here - Super hub 4 with Sky Q connection constantly dropp... - Virgin Media Community - 4820959

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TIM_T thanks for getting back to me and confirming your details.

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee_R 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Lee_R wrote:

As I cannot locate a new thread as recommended by the fantastic Adduxi, I will respond on here on this occasion.  We have located your account and had a remote look.  We need to send a technician.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R

and for information and help to others who come here and use the search what was the problem with the OP's connection - you may have helped the poster but not the wider community

Tony.
Sacked VIP