cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site survey

menatiler
Joining in

I am moving to another house.  I found a VM wall socket at dinning room (used by previous house owner) but I need one more VM wall socket at my living room.  Drilling work is required to pass the cable in the living room from outside.  Not sure if I can have two VM modems in one house (one at dinning room, another at living room).  Builders are doing refurb works in my house.  Can I ask for a site survey from VM's engineer to come to my house to see if there is any work that my builder needs to do beforehand. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @menatiler 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. To answer your main questions:

- no unfortunately you can't have more than 1 modem with us it is 1 per account. However you can utilise our WiFi plume pods or your own boosters to extend your connection around the home. 

-There shouldn't be any work for your builder to complete in order to get our services as our install technician can drill and fit a point in your living room for you. 

-are you moving your existing package or will you be a new customer? You can certainly book a site survey for a technician to confirm all this In person but depends on your situation who you need to speak with?

Regards 

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @menatiler 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. To answer your main questions:

- no unfortunately you can't have more than 1 modem with us it is 1 per account. However you can utilise our WiFi plume pods or your own boosters to extend your connection around the home. 

-There shouldn't be any work for your builder to complete in order to get our services as our install technician can drill and fit a point in your living room for you. 

-are you moving your existing package or will you be a new customer? You can certainly book a site survey for a technician to confirm all this In person but depends on your situation who you need to speak with?

Regards 

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks Joe. I am currently a customer of VM and will move to my new house in late June or early July this year. Will call VM to request for installation (involving drilling and fitting a modern in my living room). Thanks a lot.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all menatiler,

Let us know if you have anymore queries or face any issues with this and we'll be glad to help.

Thanks,

Kain