Menu
rohanandlaura
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Site Survey

Hi

I have virgin broadband but am looking to get TV too.  Can I please arrange a pre install survey?  I have had my house rewired and would need an external splitter.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Site Survey

What they will do is either run another cable (externally) and bring it in to the house at the location where you want the TV - or as you say install a splitter and cable both the Hub and TV box up from that.

Dont think you need a site survey for VM? Am I missing some info?

Just upgrade your package and they will send the Tech to install.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rohanandlaura
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for the response, as I've said I have had my house rewired so have a number of Coax cables which have been chased into the walls and want to test if these can be used for virgin TV.  My router has also been installed in an office rather than where any TV will go.  I wouldn't proceed if I needed new wires installed so that is my challenge and why I want a pre install survey.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No VM will never use co-ax cables from any 3d party. They must be VM's own spec cables.

What we on here normally advise is to install conduit tubing chased into walls containg "pull ropes" (strong string!) so VM techs can us those to pull their cables from A to B.

So a site survey may be useful after all (if they will do one) so they can see whether its possible to run their cables outside your property from the omnibox and install 2 new internal wall points at the locations of the Hub and the TV box.

It usually is OK though - unless there are issues around "height" or inacsessibility around the property, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos