Menu
Mikej86
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Signed up Wednesday - new cable appeared Thursday?

Hi all, apologies if I'm being dense here.

I signed up to Virgin broadband on Wednesday morning, and agreed an installation date of Thursday 18th July.

Yesterday, me and my wife were both out all day. We came back in the evening to find that a few of our flowerpots from the front of the house had been moved, and a roll of black cable had appeared near out front door. It's coming out of the ground near some of our flowerbeds.

I just wanted to check that this was Virgin sorting the line out or getting stuff ready for that installation on the 18th? I'm sure it is, but just wanted to check as it happened so quickly!

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Signed up Wednesday - new cable appeared Thursday?

Lucky you! The cable is the drop from the local cabinet to the outside of your house. The installation on 18 July will complete the installation to provide you with the services you have contracted for.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, two men pulled the coaxial cable from the nearby street cabinet for the installation to take place, so all is good to go.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I would guess it is, unless you have ordered a service from someone else, it's a good sign so when the engineer arrives he or she will run a coxial into the property & connect to the hub, it usually takes 4 or 5 days for a virgin person to respond on here, so you may want to phone if you have doubts, hopefully you will get through to a person who know what they are taking about.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos