cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tpsgoldbach123
Tuning in

Hi there

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I signed up to Virgin Media two weeks ago and have had the most terrible service as they seem unable to resolve a problem.

10 days after I signed up I received an email saying there was an outstanding balance from when I was previously a customer. I knew this was incorrect as I had a direct debit set up previously. When I spoke to the team it eventually became clear that the balance related to an account with my name and birthday from 2017 - and in Belfast! In 2017 I was a virgin media customer at my long term address which is in Bristol! Clearly they have either matched my data incorrectly during their setup processes, or someone has used my credentials. They promised the fraud team would call me back within 48 hours.

After the fraud team hadn't called back I tried getting in touch - I was very worried as our previous supply was imminently about to be disconnected. The pre-installation team told me I would have a call back that day... I'd heard nothing by the end of that day so tried calling again. No one can seem to put me through to the fraud team. I've been passed through multiple teams (collections? connections). Each time I've had to go through a security check, even though there are notes on the system I've had to re-explain the issue, and each time I've had a different explanation, that ends with 'I can't see anything on my screen so I need to transfer you to team XXX'. I've been going round in circles for hours. Occasionally the lines don't connect during the transfers either so I get to go back to square one.

Mine and my wives livelihoods depend on us having good internet access as like many we're working remotely at the moment. So this has been incredibly stressful and I'm not sure what to do next. I've got to the point where I think I will pay the outstanding balance (if I can ever get through) - even though it has nothing to do with me! And hope I can raise a complaint to claim it back later.

Does anyone have a better idea?!

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

I'll pop you a private message to see if there is anything I can do to help here. 

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'd advise you to extend your contract with your old supplier if you possibly can.

As you have already found, Virgin Media can move very slowly with anything out of the ordinary. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks jpeg1 - I tried that and unfortunately they advised they had gone past the point they could stop the switch. They said I'd have to sign up as a new customer with an approx. 14 day wait. Virgin said they'd get back to me this morning and guess what... haven't heard from them.

You can forget the phone back promise. If that was from one of the usual customer service staff it was just a way of closing the call.

In the Times today there's a piece about Virginmedia's awful service, the second one recently.  So you're not alone.

Hopefully the forum staff can help you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

So got a DM in which the Forum team said they'd look into it and get back to me the next morning... guess what, heard nothing again. Another day has passed and I've tried again via the chat and have been passed through more teams, sales, billing, none of whom seem to have access to the same information. And no one seems to have access to any information that might be able to help anyway. Groan.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask the forum staff to come and see if they can help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Christy_D are you looking into this 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening all, 

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response!

@tpsgoldbach123 please check your inbox for my private message. 

Many thanks, 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

still not heard anything 😞