cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siamese cable broken

robjon
On our wavelength

Not sure that this is the right place but here we go.

Yesterday morning the local authority were cutting the grass verges and the twin cable feeding my property was shredded by their machine as it was above the grass level. On returning from work I rang VM and a rep from India answered. I explained to her numerous times what the problem was but she still insisted running a diagnostics test to my house. As I was getting exasperated because of repeating myself I asked for an engineer appointment. I was told this Friday so I asked to speak with someone from the UK with a higher authority............I was transferred to a VM rep in "south east Asia!!!!!!

I explained the problem again and asked for an engineer to come out to join the damaged cable as I had lost `phone, TV and broadband. I was offered Friday again. I explained that my wife was classed as "extremely vulnerable", registered disabled and amongst other medical issues, suffered with type 1 diabetes and had to download on a daily basis the information from her insulin pump to forward it via e-mail to the diabetes dept. at the local hospital. This didn`t seem to matter one iota to the rep. I find it very hypocritical that during these times of the Covid pandemic I have received quite a few e-mails from VM stating that their priorities for any issues would be the eldery, disabled and extremely vulnerable. Am I to assume that their priority timescale is FOUR working days??

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello robjon,

It's really disappointing to hear of the cable issues following the work by your local authority and the cutting of the cable, we appreciate you taking the time to post this via the forums.

We always offer the earliest appointment available at the time of the call which from checking your account is Friday, given the requirements for your partner and the need to get you back up and running as quickly as possible I will reach out to the Area Field Manager to see if there is the possibility to get this brought forward.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to your reply.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Happy to help robjon, as soon as I get an update I will let you know here 🙂

Rob