cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Isolator Cable

andychamberlai1
Joining in

Hi,

Is a short isolator cable available (max 50cm)? My router is tucked away in the corner of my lounge and it trails on the carpet / is constantly pulled by my 1 year old.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think their "standard" cables are 1m and 3m.

If you want a shorter one, you can call in book a Tech visit to move the Hub. They will come and make up a new cable to the length you require, fit it and rebalance/adjust the Hub power levels - if required.

There will be £25 charge for that though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andychamberlai1,

Thanks for your post on the forums about the possibility of getting a shorter cable fitted, as a Mother of a destructive 1 year old gremlin myself I can certainly understand why you'd want to get this shortened. 

I can see JBrennand has already given you some helpful info about how we would be able to do this, via an engineer visit. 

Have you thought about whether you'd like to go ahead and book this in?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks both. Seems to be the ideal solution.

Yes please, let’s get it booked in.

Hi andychamberlai1

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I shall PM you now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill